Jquery image slideshow example generates "data" and "engine" folders. Where should I upload them exactly?
Q: Just purchased the unlimited license for Visual Slideshow. I cannot get this to work properly from following the directions on your web page. After inserting a slideshow on my page in Dreamweaver, it previews perfectly but when I upload it to my site the graphic is missing. What folder should the graphics be in? What folder should the slideshow be saved in? Does it matter? Your site does not give good step by step instructions as to where all these files go.
Here is the procedure I followed:
1) I added graphics from an Images folder in my website as instructed
2) I published to a folder called Slideshow1 in the root directory of my local site
3) I saved the slideshow in a Documents folder on my computer
4) I published the slideshow to an .html file in the root directory of of my site
5) I previewed the results in my browser. Everything works perfectly.
6) I upload the the .html file, the Slideshow1 folder with the engine and other files, and the .bak01 file which appeared in my root directory and of course the image files from my Images folder.
Result: A question mark appears in the browser on line.
What am I doing wrong?
A: Generated "data" and "engine" folders should be into the same folder with your page (where you added VisualSlideShow) on your server. If you get "question marks" instead of images, it means that you didn't upload "data", "engine" folders on your server at all or upload them into wrong place. Please check it.
For example, you have the following folders and files on your server:
So, if you add VisualSlideShow into:
* "main_page.html" page - "data" and "engine" should be into a root folder on your server;
* "page1.html" or "page2.html" - "data" and "engine" should be into "pages" folder on your
* "page3.html" or "page4.html" - "data" and "engine" should be into "new_pages" folder on your server.
.bak file is generated by "Insert to page" wizard. You need not to upload .bak files on your server.
April 23, 2013 Jquery background image slideshow and cookies
Your VisualSlideShow program is fantastic, but I have a problem with the Fade effect. Software does not create any files with extension .
April 28, 2013 Image slideshow using jquery for Joomla v.1.5
I have created several Joomla module slideshows but I am a Joomla novice and have no clue how to integrate your Joomla modules into my associates Joomla website. The website was created using Joomla 1.5.
June 02, 2013 License key for jquery slideshow background image
Hi! One question... I work in an office where I use a Mac and my coworker uses a PC.
I have just bought the full version, it's pretty slick and very easy to embed into a site.
I downloaded the free version to see how it worked anticipating purchasing the regular version. However, I never could get the app to function.