Jquery image slideshow example generates "data" and "engine" folders. Where should I upload them exactly?
Q: Just purchased the unlimited license for Visual Slideshow. I cannot get this to work properly from following the directions on your web page. After inserting a slideshow on my page in Dreamweaver, it previews perfectly but when I upload it to my site the graphic is missing. What folder should the graphics be in? What folder should the slideshow be saved in? Does it matter? Your site does not give good step by step instructions as to where all these files go.
Here is the procedure I followed:
1) I added graphics from an Images folder in my website as instructed
2) I published to a folder called Slideshow1 in the root directory of my local site
3) I saved the slideshow in a Documents folder on my computer
4) I published the slideshow to an .html file in the root directory of of my site
5) I previewed the results in my browser. Everything works perfectly.
6) I upload the the .html file, the Slideshow1 folder with the engine and other files, and the .bak01 file which appeared in my root directory and of course the image files from my Images folder.
Result: A question mark appears in the browser on line.
What am I doing wrong?
A: Generated "data" and "engine" folders should be into the same folder with your page (where you added VisualSlideShow) on your server. If you get "question marks" instead of images, it means that you didn't upload "data", "engine" folders on your server at all or upload them into wrong place. Please check it.
For example, you have the following folders and files on your server:
So, if you add VisualSlideShow into:
* "main_page.html" page - "data" and "engine" should be into a root folder on your server;
* "page1.html" or "page2.html" - "data" and "engine" should be into "pages" folder on your
* "page3.html" or "page4.html" - "data" and "engine" should be into "new_pages" folder on your server.
.bak file is generated by "Insert to page" wizard. You need not to upload .bak files on your server.
I'm so sorry that I keep asking, but these instructions are on your website and I've tried over and over again and it doesn't work.
October 23, 2013 Upload html image slideshow generated files on the server
Thank you for your timely response. I have done as you suggest, prior to messaging you initially. The only result I get is the text from my slideshow, in a line.
May 13, 2014 Upload html image slideshow generated files
Your instructions say: "Copy 'data' folder with video files and thumbnails and 'engine' folder with .css and .js files into the same folder with your own webpage." How do I do this???
May 26, 2014 Upload jquery fullscreen slideshow files
Hey Guys. Just bought the software. I had to put the files in a folder not on root so I need all paths to be absolute--I had to go in and hand code all the ab...
June 14, 2012 Image slideshow using jquery for Joomla v.1.5
I have created several Joomla module slideshows but I am a Joomla novice and have no clue how to integrate your Joomla modules into my associates Joomla website. The website was created using Joomla 1.5.
November 20, 2012 Install image slideshow with jquery on existing .html page
Hi! I am interested in purchasing your application, however I am having a hard time inserting a slideshow on to an existing page with out changing my formatting can you help me?