Vertical image slideshow generated .visss file. Where should I upload it?
Q: I have successfully created a gallery with VisualSlideShow. It works on my computer, but my web server does not allow .visss file uploads. Is it possible to covert the .visss file, or create it in another format, such as wmv, etc. ?
A: Actually, .visss file is a project file of your slideshow. It stores settings of your slideshow and paths to images. You shouldn't upload it on your server. It'll allow you to open your slideshow in VisualSlideShow window and make changes in the future.
To insert the Visual Slideshow into your page:
1. Create your gallery in Visual Slideshow and publish it on a local drive in any test folder:
- click 'Publish' button on the main menu panel or Gallery->Publish
- select 'Publish to folder', click 'Browse' button and select any local folder
- click 'Publish' button
2. So you'll have folder with index.html file, 'data' and 'engine' folders. Open index.html file from the saved folder in any text editor.
3. Copy code for the HEAD section and paste it inside the HEAD/BODY section of you own webpage, for example:
4. Copy code for the BODY section and paste it inside the Body section of you own webpage in the place where you want to have a slideshow, for example:
<body> ... <!-- Start VisualSlideShow.com BODY section --> ... <!-- End VisualSlideShow.com BODY section --> ... </body>
5. Copy 'data' folder with images and thumbnails and 'engine' folder with .css and .js files into the same folder with your own webpage.
I followed the instructions on VisualSlideShow site.
I have created a great slide show, but the software is cropping the heads off a few of the images. I use both vertical and horizontal images.
I have visualslideshow 1.7 on a Mac with Snow Leopard.
Your software does not seem to like vertical images no matter which image options I choose in the tools menu. Shrink large or stretch small, it still cuts off heads.
Hi, I've purchased the latest Visualslideshow version and inserted it into my page. It looks fine in all browsers except IE. Could you help with it? Thanks.