Vertical image slideshow generated .visss file. Where should I upload it?
Q: I have successfully created a gallery with VisualSlideShow. It works on my computer, but my web server does not allow .visss file uploads. Is it possible to covert the .visss file, or create it in another format, such as wmv, etc. ?
A: Actually, .visss file is a project file of your slideshow. It stores settings of your slideshow and paths to images. You shouldn't upload it on your server. It'll allow you to open your slideshow in VisualSlideShow window and make changes in the future.
To insert the Visual Slideshow into your page:
1. Create your gallery in Visual Slideshow and publish it on a local drive in any test folder:
- click 'Publish' button on the main menu panel or Gallery->Publish
- select 'Publish to folder', click 'Browse' button and select any local folder
- click 'Publish' button
2. So you'll have folder with index.html file, 'data' and 'engine' folders. Open index.html file from the saved folder in any text editor.
3. Copy code for the HEAD section and paste it inside the HEAD/BODY section of you own webpage, for example:
4. Copy code for the BODY section and paste it inside the Body section of you own webpage in the place where you want to have a slideshow, for example:
<body> ... <!-- Start VisualSlideShow.com BODY section --> ... <!-- End VisualSlideShow.com BODY section --> ... </body>
5. Copy 'data' folder with images and thumbnails and 'engine' folder with .css and .js files into the same folder with your own webpage.
September 25, 2012 A column of file names insead of website image slideshow
I followed the instructions on VisualSlideShow site.
December 07, 2012 Vertical and horizontal images in image slideshow scripts
I have created a great slide show, but the software is cropping the heads off a few of the images. I use both vertical and horizontal images.
September 26, 2012 Vertical and horizontal images in the same html image slideshow generator
I have visualslideshow 1.7 on a Mac with Snow Leopard.
October 23, 2013 Upload html image slideshow generated files on the server
Thank you for your timely response. I have done as you suggest, prior to messaging you initially. The only result I get is the text from my slideshow, in a line.
I purchased VisualSlideShow single license a couple months ago but would like to upgrade to the business license for multiple sites.
October 23, 2012 Free and business versions of image slideshow download