Q: I downloaded the free version to see how it worked anticipating purchasing the regular version.
However, I never could get the app to function. After going thru the process probably 13 times, all I ever got was "Menu Publishing Error".
There is no indication of what that means.
Too bad - looked like a nice app.
A: It seems that it's a problem with markup of your page.
Please send us full copy of your page (including images, .js and .css files), so we can check it. Write us also where you want to insert slideshow exactly.
Also, you can insert VisualSlideShow manually.
1. Create your gallery in Visual Slideshow and publish it on a local drive in any test folder:
- click 'Publish' button on the main menu panel or Gallery->Publish
- select 'Publish to folder', click 'Browse' button and select any local folder
- click 'Publish' button
2. So you'll have folder with index.html file, 'data' and 'engine' folders.
Open index.html file from the saved folder in any text editor.
3. Copy code for the HEAD section and paste it inside the HEAD/BODY section of you own
webpage, for example:
4. Copy code for the BODY section and paste it inside the Body section of you own webpage in the place where you want to have a slideshow, for example:
<body> ... <!-- Start VisualSlideShow.com BODY section --> ... <!-- End VisualSlideShow.com BODY section --> ... </body>
5. Copy 'data' folder with images and thumbnails and 'engine' folder with .css and .js files into the same folder with your own webpage.
For troubleshooting, feature requests, and general help, contact Customer Support at . Make sure to include details on your browser, operating system, Visual SlideShow version, link to your page.