Q: Dear support,
I downloaded the trial version of visualslideshow... I wish to post it on the church website I maintain...used to use photobucket for slide shows, but they discontinued the service. I don't get paid to do the website for this church, just trying to help them out to grow... can you give me instructions on how to get it in code...I don't know much html, so I use yahoo site builder. photobucket made it easy for them to host the slide show, and I just had to put the code in the place I wanted it. any help?
A: Please see how should you install Visual Slideshow on existing .html page:
1. Create your gallery in Visual Slideshow and publish it on a local drive in any test
- click 'Publish' button on the main menu panel or Gallery->Publish
- select 'Publish to folder', click 'Browse' button and select any local folder
- click 'Publish' button
2. So you'll have folder with index.html file, 'data' and 'engine' folders.
Open index.html file from the saved folder in any text editor.
3. Copy code for the HEAD section and paste it inside the HEAD section of you own webpage, for example:
4. Copy code for the BODY section and paste it inside the Body section of you own webpage in the place where you want to have a gallery, for example:
<body> ... <!-- Start VisualSlideShow.com BODY section --> <div id="show" class="slideshow"> <div class="slideshow-images"> <a href="data/images/9.jpg"><img id="slide-0" src="data/images/9.jpg" alt="9" /></a> <a href="data/images/7.jpg"><img id="slide-1" src="data/images/7.jpg" alt="7" /></a> </div> <div class="slideshow-thumbnails"> <ul> <li><a href="#slide-0"><img src="data/thumbnails/9.jpg" alt="9" /></a></li> <li><a href="#slide-1"><img src="data/thumbnails/7.jpg" alt="7" /></a></li> </ul> </div> <a id="vlb" href="http://visualslideshow.com">Slideshow With Flash by VisualSlideshow.com v1.0</a> </div> <!-- End VisualSlideShow.com BODY section --> ... </body>
5. Copy 'data' folder with video files and thumbnails and 'engine' folder with .css
and .js files into the same folder with your own webpage.
For troubleshooting, feature requests, and general help, contact Customer Support at . Make sure to include details on your browser, operating system, Visual SlideShow version, link to your page.